Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner is a free tool that can be accessed through a Google Ads account. It allows users to research keywords for their website or online advertising campaigns. The tool provides data such as estimated search volume, competition level, and suggested bid for keywords.
Users can also use the tool to generate ideas for new keywords based on a seed keyword or a website URL. The tool also offers a feature to group keywords into ad groups, which can help users to better organize their campaigns. It also allows you to view historical statistics such as search volume trends and seasonality.
The tool is primarily used by marketers and advertisers to help plan and optimize their campaigns on Google Ads, but it can also be used by SEO experts to research keywords for organic search. Overall, Google Keyword Planner is a powerful tool for keyword research, and it can help users to identify profitable keywords and create effective ad campaigns.
How do I access Google keyword planner?
To access Google Keyword Planner, you will first need to create a Google Ads account. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to access the tool:
- Go to the Google Ads website (https://ads.google.com/) and sign in with your Google account.
- If you don't have a Google Ads account, you will need to create one. Click on the "Start now" button and follow the prompts to set up your account.
- Once you're signed in, click on the "Tools" button in the top navigation bar.
- From the drop-down menu, select "Keyword Planner".
- You will be taken to the Keyword Planner dashboard where you can start researching keywords and creating ad groups.
Alternatively, you can also directly access the Keyword Planner by navigating to https://ads.google.com/keywordplanner. You will need to sign in to your Google Ads account to access the tool.
Please note that, you can use the keyword planner even you don't have an active campaign, you will have to sign in to your google account, then you will be prompted to create a campaign, you can skip this step and use the planner.
How do I use Google planer?
Google Keyword Planner is a powerful tool that can help you research keywords and plan your online advertising campaigns. Here's a general overview of how to use the tool:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account and navigate to the Keyword Planner.
- On the dashboard, you will see several options for researching keywords, such as "Find new keywords" and "Get search volume and forecasts."
- To start researching keywords, you can enter a seed keyword or a website URL in the "Find new keywords" section. You can also enter multiple keywords separated by commas.
- The tool will generate a list of related keywords, along with data such as estimated search volume, competition level, and suggested bid. You can also filter the results by various criteria, such as keyword match type, location, and language.
- To create an ad group, you can select keywords from the list and group them together. You can then add ad copy and set a bid for each ad group.
- You can also use the "Get search volume and forecasts" section to see historical statistics for keywords, such as search volume trends and seasonality.
- Once you have identified the keywords that you want to target, you can use them to create effective ad campaigns in Google Ads.
Keep in mind that, you can use the keyword planner for both organic and paid search, it can help you identify profitable keywords, create effective ad campaigns and forecast the performance of your keywords. Also, you can use the keywords that you have researched in other platforms such as, Bing, Yahoo and more.
How do I find popular keywords on Google?
There are several ways to find popular keywords on Google:
- Google Keyword Planner: As mentioned earlier, Google Keyword Planner is a free tool provided by Google that can help you research keywords for your website or online advertising campaigns. It allows you to see estimated search volume, competition level, and suggested bid for keywords. It is a great way to find popular keywords relevant to your niche or industry.
- Google Trends: Google Trends is a tool that shows how often a particular search-term is entered relative to the total search-volume across various regions of the world. It also helps you to compare the popularity of different keywords over time.
- Google Autocomplete: Google Autocomplete is a feature that suggests search queries as you type in the search bar. It can be a great way to find popular keywords that people are actively searching for.
- Google Search Console: Google Search Console is a free tool that can help you to monitor the performance of your website in Google search results. It allows you to see which keywords are driving traffic to your website, and which pages are ranking for those keywords.
- Competitor analysis: Analyzing your competitors' websites and online campaigns can be a great way to find popular keywords that you should be targeting. Use tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs, or Moz to find the keywords your competitors are ranking for, and consider including those keywords in your own campaigns.
All of these tools and methods can help you find popular keywords that you can use to optimize your website and online advertising campaigns, and increase your visibility in search results.